"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Walk like You Have Somewhere to Go Book Review

Walk like You Have Somewhere to Go Book Review

Here’s my promo: I loved this lady the second I read that she taught her kids that education is a must. No matter what you want to do in life, you need education. The moment I read that she taught this to Shaquille O’Neal, I knew this book would be a winner.

Walk Like you Have Somewhere to Go by Lucille O’Neal, is a story that really reveals much about herself, her family, and the man we know as Shaq. She begins the story with a walk through her life which is a true amazement. Any single mom out there can understand her story, her mission, and her dreams.

The wonderful part about this story is, even though this is about her life, she incorporates Shaquille’s journey to success all along the way. I loved that he included his family on every part of the walk of fame journey. He didn’t leave his family out to dry after he found success. Instead, he took them along with his amazing journey; giving them gifts, houses, etc. This is a man who had a firm foundation and has taken his life to greater heights because of it.
There are many wonderful parts to this story but I am going to talk about only a few of them:

• I love the Scripture verse that begins each chapter. I was able to take a moment, read the verse, and then dive into that chapter. Each time, I could understand why she picked that particular verse.
• I adored the pictures throughout the story. I found this to be as if we were watching a movie of her life.
• Her favorite Scriptures at the end are fabulous for anyone who can understand and appreciate where she has walked. Let’s face it. There are many single moms out there could use some Scriptures of hope. She gives them very eloquently.

When do read this:
As this is a thorough journey, I suggest reading this at different times. This is definitely a book to come back to, read in small parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment