"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Voice New Testament Book Review

The Voice New Testament Book Review

As soon as I received my copy of The Voice, I was presently surprised. I knew I was going to be reviewing a Bible but I wasn’t deterred. The Voice is not only a new translation and format, but is beautifully written in such a way that is easy to read.

The Voice is very much a devotional Bible. Some translations are not only hard to read but the wording is just down right full of The’s and Thou’s.

Here are a few things I love about The Voice:
·        
It    Italic Types – This is where Italics identify words not directly to a dynamic translation of its original translation.  I like this because it gives info on what is happening when it is writing. Whether it is the fact that Matthew is talking to the Jews or that Paul was speaking to specific people. It all flows together to help the reader understand the purpose and meaning of the Scriptures.
·        
Screenplay format shows clearly who is speaking. I have never seen this done before and I really enjoyed it.
I absolutely believe that this will become my new Devotional Bible. Since I’ve had it, I have gone to it on multiple occasions. This is worth buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment