"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, April 2, 2010

Under the Big, Blue Sea Book Review

There is nothing more fun that getting a book in the mail to review. I have a full bookshelf of books for the kiddos, so I was overjoyed to do a review of the book, “Under the Big, Blue Sea by Aunt T. 

For those looking for a new author, I definitely can give this book a thumbs up! Great for readers up to 5 or 6. Under the Big, Blue Seas, by Aunt T, is published by Dorrance Publishing Co. Inc. ($13.00) with 19 pages. As soon as I pulled the book out of the box I was impressed with the look of the book. The front cover is sure to impress kids and make them want to read this.

This book is an informative book about animals under the sea. Some of the different animals discusses are: dolphins, seahorses, octopus, shark, whales, and sea turtles. I found the information about each animal to be informative and intriguing. There is just enough information to keep a child’s interest, along with a photo to further intrigue them.

Although this a short book, I found it was definitely a book that I would read to a child. To make the book longer, on the left side of the page there is the phrase: “What is under the sea? … This was along with a big question mark and some ocean water. It was the same page all through the book. The right page had the picture with information about the sea animals. I enjoyed the right side of the pages more than the left. Overall, I still give the book a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment