"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recipes for Life Cookbook

If you love cookbooks of all shapes and sizes, this is a winner. Although not particularly bog, this cookbook is full of recipes that are worth trying.

Recipes for Life” is written by John Arthur Ivey. When I got this cookbook I wasn’t quiet sure about it as it was quite simple. I was pleasantly surprised as this is a wonderful collection of recipes that remind me of down South. If you’ve ever been down South, you expect to find cornbread, greens, pinto beans, and lots of yummy desserts.

This cookbook doesn’t fail as there are delicious recipes in there. Each recipe is thoroughly explained; along with detailed list of what is needed for the recipe. On many of the recipes, there is a helpful note given at the bottom of the page. I found this not only to be helpful but I began looking for those notes as they are great additions to each recipe.

This cookbook is a collection of Rosia Lee Ivey’s recipes. I found this to be a thoughtful way to celebrate his mother’s life; one that the entire family as well as others can enjoy for her talented recipes. At the top of some of the pages, there are one line quotes that I found quiet enjoyable and unexpected.

All in all, this is a cookbook I will be holding onto. Not only for the yummy desserts but for the times that I want to journey back to the South for some good ole’ cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment